The club shall have the following categories of Members:
(1) Any person who is:
(2) The total number or Ordinary Members who are Foreigners shall not at any one time exceed thirty per cent (30%) of the then current total number of Voting Members.
(3) All persons applying to be Ordinary Members shall be required to attend an interview before the committee for the purpose of assessing their suitability and qualification to be Ordinary Members of the Club;
(4) Ordinary Members shall have no rights to vote or hold office in the Club.
(1) The Committee may invite persons qualified to be Ordinary Members or who are existing Ordinary Members and who in the opinion of the Committee:
(2) All persons who are Members of the Club before 21st September 2006 shall automatically be Principal Members of the Club.
(3) The Committee shall have the sole and absolute discretion to from time to time and at any time determine the maximum number of Principal Members; provided that the maximum number of Principal Members shall at no time exceeds 100.
(4) All Principal Members shall have the rights to vote. Only Principal Members who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents shall have the rights to hold office in the Club.
A person who has been expelled from the Club or ceased to be a Member under this Constitution, except by virtue of the Member's resignation or transfer of membership, shall not be eligible to become a member of the Club except with the unanimous approval of the Committee.
(1) The Committee shall give notice as to the date of opening and closing of application for each category of Members.
(2) Every person applying for membership as a Principal Member or Ordinary Member shall complete the relevant application form obtainable from the Secretary. The application form (which shall be in such form as the Committee shall determine) shall set out in full the object of the Club and shall, inter alia, require the applicant to state this name in full, identification or passport number, nationality, residential and office addresses, sex, age, dialect group and profession or occupation. Every such application form shall be signed by the applicant, and where applicable, the proposer and the seconder who have been Voting Members of the Club for more than a year.
(3) Any person applying for membership shall satisfy the Committee that he is eligible for membership, and where a proposer and a seconder are required, the proposer and seconder shall vouch from their personal knowledge for the suitability of the person for admission as a Member, having regard to the objects of the club.
(4) Any omission from or inaccuracy in the particulars relating to or the description of any applicant may render his admission voidable at the sole and absolute discretion of the Committee.
(5) It shall be the duty of the Committee in exercising its powers of selection to consider carefully the suitability of the applicant for admission as a Principal Member or Ordinary Member, having regard to the objects of the Club.
(6) A candidate applying to be a Principal Member or Ordinary Member, shall be approved where a three quarters (3/4) majority vote in favour of his application is obtained at a Committee Meeting at which the application for membership is considered.
(1) Upon the admission of a Member, a notice in writing thereof shall be given to him and he shall be furnished with a copy of this Constitution and the Bye-laws. All Members shall pay to the Treasurer within fourteen (14) days from the date of such notice, the amount of his entrance fee and first subscription. Upon payment of his entrance fee and first subscription, but not before, he shall become a Member of the Club and be bound by this Constitution and the Bye-laws and be entitled to all the privileges of membership as provided herein.
(2) If the entrance fee and/or first subscription is not paid within fourteen (14) days from the date of such notice as aforesaid, the admission of such Member shall be void unless he satisfies the Committee that the delay in payment was due to a sufficient cause.
(1) The entrance fee, transfer fee, monthly subscription and all other fees shall be determined from time to time, and shall be payable in such manner as the Committee may determine unless superseded at a General Meeting of members.
(2) Where any law or regulation or official directive of a competent authority relating to any tax, duty or levy on the supply of goods and services in Singapore arising from or in connection with the enactment of the Goods and Services Tax Act (Cap. 117A) shall subject the Club to any tax, duty or levy in respect of entrance fee, subscription and/or other payments by the Members, the Members shall pay to the Club such tax, duty or levy payable by the Club.
All Members shall have the right to use all the Club's facilities in accordance with the Bye-laws from time to time prescribed by the Committee.
(1) Guest may be introduced by Honorable Advisors or Honorary Presidents, Principal Members and Ordinary Members only. Guests must be signed in and must at all times be accompanied by such Members or Honorable Advisors or Honorary Presidents, as the case may be, while on the Premises.
(2) Any Members or Honorable Advisors or Honorary Presidents introducing a guest shall be fully responsible for the proper conduct of such a guest.
(3) The committee shall have the power to control and restrict the introduction of guests.
(1) 董事会可邀请有资格成为或已经成为普通会员的人士入会为 基本会员，依董事会的意见，他们是:
(2) 凡在2006年 9月21日之前就已经成为本部会员的人，都自动成为本部基本会员。
(3) 董事会可于任何时候，全权自行酌定基本会员人数的限额，惟基本会员的总人数不得在任何时候 超过100 人。
(2) 凡申请入会为本部的基本会员或普通会员的人，必须填写相关的申请表格，申 请表格可向司理索取。申请表格（必须为董事会决定的格式）内 列有 本部的各宗旨，其中亦特别规定申请者必须填写其姓名，身份 证或护照号码，国籍，住家与办事处地址，性别，年龄，籍贯,专业或职业。申请者须在申请表格上签名。于适当的情况， 两名已入会至少一年的有投票权会员提议者与附议者亦需在表格上签名。
(6) 凡欲入会为本部基本会员或普通会员的申请者，须由董事会在会上决定是否接受申请者为会员。如果其申请获得3/4 董事之多数票通过，即可成为会员。
(2) 若由于消费税法令（第17A章）之颁布，有权当局在某些有关法律，条例之下，或在其所发出 的官方命令之下，向因在新加坡提供货物或提供服务征收税务，而使到会员的入会费，月捐及其他付款需要缴付的任何税务，关税或征税，须由会员缴付给本部。
(2) 带外宾到会所 者，必须对其外宾的行为 端正负全责。
© COPYRIGHT Chui Huay Lim Club 2022. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.